I have favorite words... does anyone else, or is this bizarre? I also have a list of words that I loathe.
Words I Adore:
- Glorious - possessing or deserving glory, marked by great beauty and splendor. "Blanche purchased the Manolos, and they were glorious."
- Sasquatch - a hairy human-like creature between 6 and 15 feet tall, reported to exist in the northwestern United States and western Canada. "Sandy better break out the epilator - she's starting to look like a sasquatch."
- Heinous - hatefully or shockingly evil. "That fool is wearing a seriously heinous pair of Crocs."
- Aardvark - a large burrowing nocturnal mammal with a long snout and extensible tongue. "Aaron, Bobby, Chuck, Dave. Learning to alphabetize is easy until you throw an aardvark in the mix... what if Aaron rolls in with an aardvark?"
- Thrice - three times or three-fold. "Miami is nice, so I'll say it thrice... Miami, Miami."
- Merkin - a pubic toupee. "After an awkward encounter with her aesthetician, Margo was forced to wear a merkin to her photo shoot for Hirsute Hussies magazine."
- Foxy - cunningly shrewd, physically attractive. "Hey, foxy lady. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"
- Tool - a person, typically male, who says or does things that cause you to give them a 'what-are-you-even-doing-here' look. "You banned my cat from the Petco grooming center just because that tool needed a few sets of stitches?"
- Badonkadonk - a large posterior. "It takes seriously hard work to maintain a badonkadonk like this. I am forced to eat many, many burritos."
- Plethora - excess, superfluity. "There are a plethora of reasons why the food pyramid should include Peeps."
Words I Despise:
- Tchotchke - a knick-knack or trinket. "My great-grandma died, and all I got was this lame-ass Hummel tchotchke?"
- Clog - an encumbrance, or a shoe, sandal, or overshoe having a thick typically wooden sole. "The leprechauns performed a clog dance-off to demonstrate their virility."
- Retarded - The modern usage of this word does not deserve a definition or an example sentence.
- Wart - a horny projection on the skin usually of the extremities. "Warts are gross. That's it."
- Stink-eye - a look of contempt or disdain. "That lady gave me the stink-eye when I knocked her over and trampled her on my way to the sale racks."
- Viscous - having the property of resistance to flow in a fluid or semifluid. "The mucus was viscous, like a slow-moving flow of germ-ridden lava."
- Fubar - an acronym for f*ed up beyond all recognition. "After her third trip to the plastic surgeon, Paula's face was totally fubar."
- Giblets - the edible viscera of a fowl. "Roasted giblets are a delicacy in parts of rural hell. I mean Tennessee. Rural Tennessee."
- Vulva - the external parts of the female genital organs. "I know it rhymes with vulva, but Jerry was so wrong when he thought my name was Mulva."
- Stalagmite - a deposit of calcium carbonate like an inverted icicle, formed on a cave's floor by the drip of calcareous water. "The negligent caver fell on a stalagmite and impaled himself; it was hilarious - you totally should have been there!"